Wednesday, May 13, 2009

4 weeks!

Ah, but who's counting?! :) Holy eff that's soon. The delectable yogurt I had for breakfast this morning had a June 10th expiry date and I was like "Aw MAN!" haha Just can't escape it!

Well I cleaned my parents' storagey ex-garage area for 5 straight hours on Mothers Day (because I just love my mom THAT much!) and have been fairly stiff and miserably ever since. Add to that a mega faculty meeting yesterday facilitated by my newly-trained cutie freshmen, which precluded me from an adjustment, and work at the store after school today which precludes yoga and I'm definitely feeling it. But tomorrow I'll be adjusted and Friday and Sunday yogafied, and trust I will then get back on track.

Insurance frustration continues unabated, after learning last week that my request for Prior Approval was denied because I didn't get a second opinion in-network (even though they granted my Prior Approval for a second opinion from Dr. Kim [but who am I to try to apply logic to the insurance industry?!]). The first Blue Cross dude I talked to told me I should get a letter from Dr. Bean explaining that nobody in Vermont does PAOs - information apparently left out of the original paperwork - but when I actually got the letter and called again (talking to a different person - this always yields a different answer, I've found) the woman told me that what I really needed was for Dr. Bean to set up a peer-to-peer review with Blue Cross's boss doctor person in order to set things straight. Apparently the former approach would have required me to appeal the decision, which could take weeks (and I've only got four left, in case you'd forgotten!), whereas peer-to-peer would garner a decision immediately. Um... allegedly. Alas BC has no record of Dr. Bean having made an appointment to talk to said boss doctor person and my calls to Green Mountain Orthopedics Friday and today are as yet unreturned.

Oh well, worst case scenario I just have to pay a couple thou for this grand surgical adventure! No biggie, right?!

No comments: