Wednesday, April 29, 2009

6 weeks!

Yipes. I actually just recounted on my calendar just to make sure I hadn't lost track somehow. ha!

Yep, and I'm scared. Had a dream the other night that somehow the surgery resulted not in loss of motion but loss of personality, and I woke up realizing how much more difficult it would be for me to adjust to being unable to express myself than to, say, being unable to walk. Thanks for that insight, unconscious! But, stomach-based butterflies aside, I feel like I've gotten over the wall of "I can't even conceive of this" to some semblance of being ready to just be done with it. Perspective is such a huge piece of that, and I'm so attuned to people with canes, walkers and wheelchairs that it's not hard to come by these days. I will be better for this surgery, and that's what's important, no matter how anxious the anticipation makes me. Or how pissy it makes me to think I might lose my piercings as a result. ;) (But MAN that's annoying!)

Last night Dr. Hoo commented on a great deal of tension in my shoulders, which I attributed to overdoing the arms-behind-the-back bits of yoga on Sunday, which I can't really do worth a dang and shan't be so enthusiastic about during this evening's class, surely! My adjustment was quite wonderful, thankfully, and cleared out a lot of tension at both ends of the spine. Last night and today, though, my hip has really bothered me for whatever reason - I'm telling myself it's a sign of some positive realignment and not the result of somehow grievously injuring myself in, say, a Pigeon Pose, for instance. :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

Good luck! As I approach my PAO, I am getting a teeeensy bit nervous as well. I am trying to focus on the long term instead of the short, and am still so excited to be better. I'll be following along, so keep posting!