Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday Afternoon in the Universe

Or at least the very small universe of ME! :) At long last, I have my second Anusara session with Anjali this afternoon, which I'm very much looking forward to - hope to sneak in another next week so I can start going to regular classes the following weekend. I overdid it a bit running around Burlington yesterday and am definitely feeling the effects, though I did score a sweet Vaude ultralight pack for a mere 20 bucks at the Gear Exchange after asking the dude for "like, the world's simplest backpack." It certainly is that, and crazy light to boot, as well as packing into its own pocket for handy travel (presumably AFTER I get off crutches).

Yeah, and now my leg hurts, not the usual psoas hurt I can deal with, but a nice new achy hurt in the front of my thigh, down the outside to my knee, which has really been bothering me. The last time I saw Jennifer she asked where my knee hurt and was surprised when I told her, as she'd been expecting something different. I'm beginning to wonder if there's actually something wrong with it, and it's not just referred pain, as I've been presuming lo these many months. Not that I really give a rap, as my officemate would say, because for now I've certainly got bigger proverbial fish to fry.

And I got a call yesterday that I need to have another MRI done before surgery (my first being nigh-on 9 months old), which thankfully I was able to book on the same day as my first autologous blood donation. Unfortunately I now have school committments the night before both of my pre-op days in Boston, so I'm going to have to go down the day of - especially tricky for my actual pre-op appointment at Beth Israel, which is at 7:45am! I guess at least it'll be slightly less crowded on 93 at 5 in the morning, right?! Oh, best laid plans!

But in 2 hours I'll be on break, and you sure can't shake a stick at that! In addition to my adjustment and massage next Wednesday, the fabulous Beverly, my former boss, is taking my buddy Linda and I for a SPA DAY on Friday, so I should be well and pampered out by the time I have to come back here. So (perhaps the last 3 paragraphs aside), can't complain!

1 comment:

Kris, in New England said...

Be careful using the backpack whilst on crutches. Don't overload it or you'll have more challenges balancing than you could possibly imagine.