Thursday, April 2, 2009

Getting kitted up

My hip kit came yesterday! I was on the phone with Chris when I opened it and tried to explain to him what I was looking at. "Well, see, there's this grabber thing like old people have to get cans down off the top shelf, but it has this screw-like thing coming out the top of it and a plastic loopy thing that looks like something else might fit into it...? Like... this other hooky thing...?" haha And of course it doesn't come with any instructions like somehow I'm supposed to intuit how to be infirmed!

Definitely helped with the "making this feel real" aspect of pre-op life, though, I tell you what. Yeah, had a good bit of panic there for a minute or two! And let me give a big sarcastic "THANKS!" to whoever posted on hipwomen asking about the odds of DYING from a PAO. That's just the kind of thinking I need! Jeesh!

I'm hoping my crutches come before I head down to my folks house so I can see how getting around down there on them goes. Chris asked last night "Now, you're a damn dirty hippie, and it's going to be summer - shouldn't you be wearing sandals or something?" I was like "Agh I was just writing about that!" and he assured me that if I start wearing Crocs he will certainly be one of the first to mock me. Sadly I fear I will be prohibited from wearing the high-heeled version. :)

2 comments:

HipSk8 said...

LOL ... yes, I felt exactly the way about today's "risk of dying post ..."

oscarsmum said...

Ha, I read that too.
Don't really need it do we! Still heres hoping we will all be the 199/200 that are fine!
Kate x