Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Dre-e-e-e-eam

Dream, dream dream... man, I love that song. Definitely the best use of "gee whiz" in modern song. Or... I guess any song. My crazy involved dreams (which I've credited to my cleared spinal column, though perhaps I'm just having some sort of renaissance of the subconscious) continue unabated - biological/zombie terror outbreak the other night and an extremely long and detailed Harry Potter dream over the weekend, which I'll blame on Van Deren for showing me all the HP movies in the span of a week and a half. I've also had Dream Police stuck in my head for days, which I suppose I can only blame on Cheap Trick.

And I seem to have popped my left shoulderblade back mostly into place, which is great and strange. And today is the last day of school before break, though of course I've gotten some good stress to carry me through to the new year (including a School Board presentation the day we get back, half-hearted-huzzah), but, you know, this morning I saw the most amazing sundog (parhelion!) on my way to school and TOMORROW IS MY BIRTHDAY!!! OH HAPPY DAY! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

M - I have come to your blog from Terri at HipSk8. Oddly enough I also live in New England (CT) - Go Red Sox!!!

I was diagnosed with hip dysplasia (right leg only) on December 23, 2008. So yeah, I am still in the deer in headlights, you have GOT to be kidding me stages.

Terri thought I would appreciate your comments about using a cane - since I'm struggling with that very issue right now. Self-conscious and self-pride. Your thoughts are very helpful and may help me make a better decision.

I've struggled with hip pain for 20 years now and just finally, for the very first time, saw an orthopedic surgeon this past Tuesday - full diagnosis and all.

I am 45 and I need hip replacement surgery (I figure if I keep saying that out loud it will help me process all this faster!) The arthritis in my hip socket is so advanced & severe that PAO is not an option for me.

Anyway, I have done as you did and set up a blog for my experience - My German Shepard Project.

Stop by anytime and share your wonderful sense of humor, thoughts, suggestions, whatever.

I hope you don't mind if I do the same.

Oh yeah, and Happy Birthday!

CWMitche11 said...

Of course, you haven't heard "All You Have To Do Is Dream" until you've heard Bob Dylan sing it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVyH1C5P0o0