Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Slip slidin' away

When I left Hinesburg last night my car thermometer read 42 and by the time I hit Montpelier it was 31 and the sidewalks were an uninterrupted sheet of glare ice. I slid cautiously the entire .2 miles home from my parking spot, feeling kind of silly until I compared it to how silly I'd feel if I fell and had to go back to crutches - it's all relative!

Two weeks from today I turn 29 (I may have mentioned this approximately 3 zillion times already) and 6 months from today I go under the knife - duhn duhn DAAAHHH! Thankfully the extreme delay before surgery hasn't resulted in my obsessing over it nonstop, and has instead helped me get everything in order in my usual compulsive manner. Also I've had plenty of time to get jacked in anticipation of all my crutch time. *flexes* :)

And I'm doing pretty well! I get a little anxious reading on hipwomen the tales of folks just going through a PAO, but have gotten pretty good at recognizing that there's no way I can anticipate how my particular experience will go, and there's no use fretting over it. It seems like attitude makes an enormous difference in healing, and I'm determined to get better, so I've got that going for me! And I feel like I have an amazing support system, both personally and medically - I can't thank what I think of as "my team" enough for helping me get through the past 8 months. You make my life better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

M

You are absolutely true all hip tales are solo but we can learn from those that go before! Don't obsess too much because if you do then you will forget to enjoy life...in the next 6 months

RK
LPAO 11/05
RPAO 6/06