Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Level 2 ACHIEVED!

Well, Thanksgiving was awesome, Celtics were AMAZING, and having Travis and BJ (and Nick and Kara) in town Saturday was just a joy. Overall, life has been pretty good, though I was limping something fierce by the time I got to the Rushfords last night. I can always tell how well I'm feeling by how long the hallway seems. :)

Being trapped in a car for as long as I was last week, I actually found I had plenty of time to focus on my spine, and all the important nerve messages it sends me to keep my alignment true. Dr. Hoo was pleasantly surprised to see how well I was able to maintain flexibility despite the added stress, and started working with me on some Level 2 spinal business. This involved me laying on my side while she lined my ailing vertebrae up all proper-like and had me hold it for a few breaths. Immediately upon sitting back up, my left hip pain was gone. Just... gone! Astounding!

I also experienced another one of these crazy deep healing breaths that went right up into the top of my spine and shoulder blades, realigning the whole mess back to center. It's the kind of breath I expect to see in tomorrow's "Life Talk" at the Rushfords - basically a demonstration for new patients of what's going on behind your back when you're laying there (a lot more butt-touching than you might think). I'm definitely looking forward to it - much as I've felt the effects of my adjustments pretty profoundly, I still have no idea how to explain it all to people. Lucky for me I have Ali around to say things like "Oh, I looove Level 2!" which makes me feel slightly less crazy. :D

No comments: