Tuesday, January 6, 2009

HEEEAAADDD, shoulders, hips and sacrum,

HIPS AND SACRUM!

hahaha Oh man, it's a good thing I have such a deep appreciation for the absurd, else I surely would have lost my mind long ago.

Well! It's been just ages since I've posted here, though I suppose nothing particularly noteworthy has occurred in my pelvic region in that time, for better or worse. Yesterday was my first time in the pool in 2 weeks, because of all the holiday madness, and I was a little nervous, but did smashingly. I've had 3 or 4 adjustments in the interim and can really feel the difference in my shoulders when I do upperbody stuff. Did I mention I'm getting jacked? :)

I also realized recently that I regularly use "jacked" in 2 completely different ways - to mean both getting stronger (see above) and hurting (as in "I totally jacked my back") - but at this point I guess that's the least of my worries!

Anyway, so for probably the last month or so I've been compelled to stretch all the time, especially when I go to bed at night - a common effect, I gather, of NSA. I never thought much before about the relationship between my shoulders and my hips, but I'm more and more aware of it these days, in no small part because my left shoulder is, well, jacked! Yeah, and I apparently had no idea how badly. Dr. Hoo keeps telling me to be patient with it but it's been WEEKS now and it's still not quite right. I've made some incredible progress, though, not the least of which is movement in parts of my back I didn't know actually could move, and I'm very thankful for it.

And aside from too much uninterrupted standing on New Years Eve, ol' leftie's been doing pretty well lately, and I didn't come out of the pool yesterday shaking like I did after my last break from it (though admittedly that was way back in weak old July!). Turning over to 2009 has gotten me all the more amped up in my surgery prep/countdown (which is nearly to 5 months now, for those keeping track) and, though sadly Sandy Claus did not bring me Millennial Crutches this year, I did get a 120 gig iPod that should keep me nicely occupied during my infirmity. Oh, it's fantastic!



A happy new year to you all from me, a pig, and this drunken gnome-like fellow!

No comments: