Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I've got spurs that jingle jangle jingle!

Or perhaps will after tomorrow when I head to sunny Houston Tejasssssss - YEEE-HAW!



hahaha Poor kitty! Anyhow, I'm really excited for Winter Meeting (my third, after Seattle and Tampa), as it should be a fantastic rejuvenating time. I'm more than a bit concerned about being stuck on a plane for 8 hours, since usually the longer I sit the longer it takes for me to get back to ambulatory when I get up. Thankfully we're staying in the hotel that's hosting, and we're right near the Houston Galleria, so we shouldn't have to travel far for work, food, or glorious shopping. The past few days my left hip's been bothering me something fierce, though the pool yesterday seems to have helped. Still and all, I may be packing my handy collapsible cane nonetheless.

At this point I'm a little more concerned about being stranded in an airport or two, since Houston falls squarely into the "ya can't get there from he-ah" category and the only flight there leaves at 6am and the only flight back gets in at midnight. I'm bringing my travel pillow, for sure! Also loaded up my iPod (no small thanks to Christopher, my personal tech support!) with plenty of podcasts (which I didn't even know were free because, you know, I live in a hole) and some Futurama, which Chris keeps telling me is awesome but which I've never actually seen. And I'm bringing sandals. And my swimsuit! I'm sure the Texans will think me mad, but it's not every day you get a full 60 degree increase in temperature! Did I already say yee-haw? :)

No comments: