Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Dude, crutches suck.

I mean, honestly, how the eff are you supposed to do this?! I've only been on the things since 3pm yesterday and already I have massive swollen bruises on my ribs and my arms are en fuego! I had to use two hands to turn my stinking key in the lock!

On the plus side, Susan Kinesio taped up my elbows and left shoulderblade, as apparently it helps with bruising as well - oh how I love the stuff! The shoulderblade is what's really giving me trouble right now, since it's pretty integral to the whole crutching business. That said, being off my left leg feels right, and I'm doing my damnedest to be non-weight-bearing, though it's quite a chore. I'm to be non-weight-bearing-to-tolerable for the next 2 weeks, then will see Susan again to reevaluate before I head to DC.

This is a fairly scary sneak peek of what next summer is going to be like - though then I'm not going to be able to cheat at all, which at this point seems impossible. I have no idea how I'm supposed to do things like laundry, cleaning the litterbox, making myself some damn food, etc. - you know, things that require HANDS! I think I need a fanny pack. :) Thankfully Tucker let me drag along with him to the grocery yesterday, and Chloe lent me a backpack to ferry my wares up the stairs (rhymetastic!). Otherwise I don't know what I would've done.

Harrumph. I'm pretty sure I'll be taking tomorrow off.

2 comments:

Marina said...

Have you had the surgery yet?

M said...

Not until June - this is just a crutchy bump in the road! :)