Monday, October 20, 2008

Ambulatory Roshambeau

So Cane clearly beats Crutches, though, hard as Cane tries, I'm pretty sure Stairs beats them both. Cane is pretty boss, though - it's nice to be able to maneuver around without having to worry about an extra foot of clearance on either side. At this point the only real hurdle (in addition to the fact that I'm right-handed and have to hold the cane in my right hand [and that it falls down every time I try to casually lean it on something]) is doors that open to the right, but I'm working on it. The past two days I've gone without the crutches entirely and haven't felt any ill affects, so long as I've kept my pace slow. The fact that I nearly topple over if I get going too fast is a helpful reminder. :) I even SHOPPED yesterday! First time I've done THAT in a while - motored around Marshalls for nearly an hour and was only mildly exhausted.

Tomorrow I see Janice, the nutritionist, about my pesky cholesterol problem. Cheese for every meal today! Friday I got my bloodwork back and it turns out I need to get my 3-shot Hep series and that my Vitamin D is low, so I'm taking a supplement for that. Otherwise, looking forward to getting more cane-able over the next couple of days so I can hopefully foolishly defy my PT's orders and go crutch-free to DC!

7 comments:

Benoît said...

Go, go Clip On Cane Holder!!

Benoît said...

And I forgot the link!

http://www.parsonsadl.com/html.old/details.asp?prod=14A029

Unknown said...

i totally love that you worked the word roshambeau into your title for this post. amazing. : - )

M said...

hahaha Oh, how I love words! :)

And BJ, that is TOO PERFECT!!!

Benoît said...

I'm glad you like it!

And what the bug nuts does "Roshambeau" mean, anyway? I presume it's not the 18th-century French general who fought on the side of the early American insurgents...?

M said...

haha Roshambeau (or Roshambo for the plebes) is Rock Paper Scissors. Not even Wikipedia can tell me why it's called that!

Unknown said...

in south park though, to roshambeau for something, means that one person kicks the other person in the balls as hard as he can, and then the second person kicks the first person in the balls as hard as he can. whoever is left standing is the winner. : - )