Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Glowsticks on the infield

If you're looking for something to pull you out of mopey morosity (yes it's actually a word!) let me recommend to you some PHISH at FENWAY! Aside from the fact that my legs were burning from standing so long on concrete, it was pretty much perfect. The little bit of rain we had up to and including the phenomenal a cappella version of the Star-Spangled Banner (they were RIGHT in front of us) was blown away by (I presume) the collective power of the crowd's joy, not to mention a sick Trey solo that literally brought out the sun. And there was a rainbow. And there was must rejoicing. :)

Because I am such a lucky lucky bastard, I also saw David Byrne last night, it didn't rain, and I was able to sit on my trusty Maine lounger (best thing my dad ever gave my mom that she didn't want and gave to me!) for the bulk of the show. A definite switch in vibe from the Phish crowd, but marvelous nonetheless, and quite the stage show!

After school today I'll rock both chiro and massage, which is surely just what I need, along with finally getting back to yoga class tomorrow. And I'm a week away from surgery - WHEW! Hard to believe, but I've really made the best of my last bipedal weeks and will continue to do so until the last possible moment, believe you me!

2 comments:

Alison Laura said...

This blog is the best thing you've ever done for yourself, and I hope you will continue entertaining me with your rhetoric once you are heavily doped up. It will be like in college when people would send drunken IMs at 2am. ('Drunk dialing' is SO 1999!)

M said...

ha! Considering Blogger doesn't have spellcheck, it will surely make for some interesting ramblings!