Monday, March 9, 2009

I'd rather be in Denali than in denial

But somehow, even though my life has been dysplasia-centric for nearly a year now, I still have moments where I think "Hey, I'm okay! Maybe I won't have to have surgery after all!" Then I have to remind myself of all I've done, changed, and given up in the past 11 months in order to get to this point and I think "Curses!" :)

I mean, I AM okay, most days, because I do my PT, I have my adjustments, I curtail my natural tendency to walk fast and far, I never run and I've minced around all winter (when not hermitted away in my apartment) intent on staying upright. I need to remind myself of that, and of the prickly fact that if I hadn't finally gone to the doctor last spring and found out what the heck was going on, I would have lost the ability to walk unassisted months ago. Hmph. And who among us couldn't use a little humbling every now and again?!

No comments: