Friday, September 12, 2008

*th-th-thump*th-th-thump*th-th-thump*

(An impression of the sound my fingers make as I compulsively tap them on my desk in anxious anticipation.) I'm waiting to hear back from Annette, the scheduling woman in Dr. Kim's office, about actually setting the date for my PAO. I don't have an emoticon suitable for this feeling...

So in the meantime... let's talk about SHOES! I have to give a big shout-out to Earth Shoes, which have saved me so much discomfort over the summer (my favorite shoes EVER), during the school year (though mine are an older version of these), and in general. These last ones, which are called ROCKET (\m/) I bought for walking (it was so nice to be able to tell my mom, ever the spendthrift, "I have a prescription for new shoes!") soon after my diagnosis and Susan, my dry land PT, just adores them. They're supercomfy, insanely supportive (though you do feel kind of like you're going to topple over on the stairs) and vegan, if you care about such things. I've rocked the Rockets for the past couple of days and they've really helped me get back on track from my weekend strain(s).

Shoes are tough for me lately because I have so many pairs I love that I really shouldn't wear anymore. Thankfully Eric's beautiful pup Bella helped me out some the other night by chewing the end off of one of my beloved Reefs, which I REALLY shouldn't wear but can't bear to give up... well, couldn't bear to give up before they had a serrated heel, that is.

Hmmm... yes... stiiilllll waiting... going to sing some Talking Heads to myself now, I suppose. :)

No comments: