Saturday, February 14, 2009

Only in dreeeeeaaaaams!

Yesterday I was feeling pretty poorly, so I came home from school early and slept for 5 hours, after which I was up for 3 then slept for another 10. Not only did I dream of Deadwood's Swearengen (Ian McShane) but also of the same weird amorphous group of strangers I'd gone for a shoeless dream walk with the other night (apparently now medical residents). I'd been mulling over my ever-closer-looming surgery before falling asleep (which I'm going to endeavor NOT to do in the future!) and dreamt of a sort of protracted pre-op appointment (in a room full of said strangers) in which my anxiety just grew and grew until part of the evaluation involved turning my leg in a painful manner and I just lost it. Thankfully my med student stranger-friends seemed rather nonplussed, and the scenery outside the examining room was a serene mountain lake. So... that was cool. :)

I think reality's sinking in a little quicker with the unconscious than with my waking brain. For better or worse!

No comments: