Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Git-R-Done

Well I'm 4 weeks pre-op today, but perhaps more importantly have stumbled upon the brandy-new International Hip Dysplasia Institute website, with totally apt and in no way bizarre spokesperson Larry the Cable Guy! Strange but true! So happy to see such a website go up (the first of its kind, to my knowledge) having been thwarted in my intrepid googling when I was first diagnosed - ending up with a whole lot of useless information about dogs and, if I was lucky, babies. I never thought I'd become any sort of rah-rah hip advocate, but stuff like this really makes my heart glad - now if only everyone would stop assuming I've had hip replacements and spellcheck would accept that "dysplasia" is actually a word! Then my life would truly be complete. :)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hmm...Larry the Cable Guy? Hilarious. But I'm with you...in the time I have been dealing with dysplasia, an outpouring of blogs have appeared as well as websites that like that one - which really make my heart glad, too. I love that other people who are diagnosed with dysplasia won't be as frustrated as I was when I wanted more information.

4 weeks left - the waiting is the hardest part, isn't it? Good luck, and keep us posted!

Unknown said...

Hi M, I wanted to invite you to the Hip Chicks & Hipwomen yahoo group. You will find a lot of support and encouraging words from other dyplastic babes.

http://hipchicksunite.ning.com

~Your Hip Sister,
Ina